Take the Florida Health 60-Days to Better Health Challenge
Tallahassee, Fla. - Experts say it takes about 60 days to form a new habit. To assist, the department has created the “60 Days to Better Health Challenge” downloadable tool. This tool allows Floridians to track their progress and turn healthy resolutions into long-term healthy habits.
The “60 Days to Better Health Challenge” tool recommends these resolutions for a healthy new year:
- Eat your colors. MyPlate illustrates the five food groups that are the building blocks for a healthy diet. Before you eat, think about what goes on your plate.
- Drink 8oz of water 8 times a day. Water is your body's principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight. Every system in your body depends on water.
- Engage in 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Regular physical activity helps improve your overall health and fitness, and reduces your risk for many chronic diseases.
- Work on quitting tobacco. Tobacco Free Florida offers a number of free and convenient resources to help tobacco users quit. The Florida Quitline and Web Coach® are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- De-stress. Using healthy ways to cope with stress and getting the right care can put problems in perspective and help stressful feelings and symptoms subside.
About the Florida Department of Health
The department works to protect, promote and improve the health of all people in Florida through integrated state, county and community efforts.